- Your Government
- Community Services
- Parks & Recreation
- Rules & Regulations
Rules and Regulations
Children ten (10) years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an adult (18 years of age or older). The adult may observe from the side of the pool deck; however, the adult is required to pay the admission to enter the facility to watch the child.
It is required that all infants and toddlers under the age of three (3) or those not potty-trained MUST wear plastic pants or swim diapers under their swimwear. Swim diapers are available for purchase at all pool locations. Cash only accepted at Mineral Palace Park, Bessemer Park, and Mitchell Park Pools. No bills larger than a 20 dollar bill. City Park Pool will have the capability to accept credit/debit cards this summer. Patrons not following this regulation will be asked to leave the facility and no admission refund will be made.
Bad Weather Policy
Pools will close when unsafe conditions are present, as determined by Management in conjunction with the National Weather Service and Weather Bug. Pools will reopen when weather conditions in the immediate area are deemed safe to do so. We do not guarantee ideal weather conditions at any time.
In the event that we cannot reopen the pool facility within 60-minutes the facility will remain closed for the remainder of the Open Swim or Family Swim duration for that session.
If the pool facility is required to close BEFORE 3:00pm, patrons will receive a full-day rain- check ticket for a return visit to the pool.
If the pool facility is required to close AFTER 3:00pm, no full-day rain-check tickets will be distributed.
No rain-checks will be distributed before the 60-minute weather window is met. Patrons must wait until it is determined that the pool facility will be closed for the day.
NO CASH REFUNDS will be issued regardless of the amount of time spent at the pool facility.
Only Coast Guard approved life vests are permitted during Public Open Swim sessions. During Family Swim sessions, patrons will be allowed to bring in small to medium sized flotation devices.
Other Important Rules & Regulations
- Only paying customers are allowed entrance into the pool areas during Public Open Swim, Family Swim, Lap Swim, and Water Aerobics programs.
- Prolonged underwater breath/holding is NOT PERMITTED.
- No open wounds, adhesive bandages or gauze coverings allowed.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, shoulder rides, flips, throwing, or jumping backwards are not allowed.
- Glass or breakable items are NOT PERMITTED.
- DRUGS or ALCOHOL NOT PERMITTED.
- No smoking in the pool area or within the bathhouse. This includes electronic cigarettes and vapors.
- Chewing gum and sunflower seeds are not allowed.
- Do not swim over the lane lines - swim under them.
- All accidents must be reported to a lifeguard on duty.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Inappropriate behavior, including obscene language or gestures, ignoring or arguing with a staff WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and may be cause for suspension of rights to attend any Pueblo Parks and Recreation's pool.
Anyone who disregards these rules and guidelines or interferes with a lifeguard’s ability to ensure the safety and well being of our guests, will be escorted out of the facility.