The carousel was situated southwest of the main gate of City Park until 1951. It had no protective building and was surrounded by play equipment built by the Lamar Company of Pueblo. In the 1940s, Johnson Electric converted #72 to electricity. Since there was no electric service in the area, the carousel’s power switch was placed at the main gate of City Park where the street car line ended, now Calla Avenue.
In 1951, the carousel and a new playground were installed north of the zoo pens. The carousel operated there until 1983 in conjunction with the Kiddie Rides that were purchased in 1955. This area is now the park playground.