Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority
- 4:00 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of the month
- Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority
115 E Riverwalk, Ste. 410
Pueblo, CO 81003
The Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority is comprised of 11 members, including 1 City Council Representative. Members are appointed by the President of City Council and approved by Resolution of the City Council for 5-year terms:
- David Abeyta - Term Expires February 1, 2023
- Patrick Avalos - Term Expires January 31, 2023
- Donald J. Banner - Term Expires February 1, 2019
- Louie Carleo - Term Expires February 1, 2022
- Rita Gersick - Term Expires February 1, 2020
- Elizabeth Gladney - Term Expires February 1, 2019
- Meagan Koncilja - Term Expires February 1, 2021
- Betty Martinez - Term Expires February 1, 2019
- Ralph A. Williams - Term Expires February 1, 2022
- Dennis E. Flores, Councilperson - Term Expires January 31, 2019
- Mark Aliff, Ex-Officio, Councilperson - Term Expires January 31, 2019
- Sal Pace, County Representative - Term Expires January 31, 2018
About the Authority
The Urban Renewal Authority is a separate public body politic and corporate and is authorized to exercise broad governmental powers in planning and implementing redevelopment projects. Its powers include the authority to acquire, rehabilitate, administer and sell or lease property.
When necessary, the Authority may exercise the right of eminent domain to facilitate acquisition of property and has the power to issue obligations or incur other debt for the purpose of financing the cost of its redevelopment activities and operations. The authority can cause pavements, sidewalks and other public facilities to be built and installed. The authority can further prepare for use as a building site any real property, which it owns or acquires.
For more information about the authority, please contact the director, Jerry M. Pacheco, or Andrea De La Garza, both at 719-542-2577.