PUEBLO URBAN RENEWAL AUTHORITY
- 11:50 a.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of the month
- Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority
115 E Riverwalk, Ste. 410
Pueblo, CO 81003
The Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority is comprised of 15 members, including 1 City Council Representative. Members are appointed by the Mayor and approved by Resolution of the City Council for 5-year terms:
- Donald J. Banner - Term Expires February 1, 2024
- Betty Martinez - Term Expires February 1, 2024
- Dr. James Valenzuela - Term Expires February 1, 2024
- Elizabeth Gallegos - Term Expires February 1, 2025
- Jeanette Garcia - Term Expires February 1, 2026
- Dennis Flores, City Council Representative
- Heather Graham, Ex Officio City Council Representative
- Eppie Griego, County Commissioner Representative
- Dr. Kathy DeNiro, School District 60 Representative
- Stephanie Garcia, Special Districts Representative
- Chris DeLuca, Pueblo County School District 70 Representative
About the Authority
The Urban Renewal Authority is a separate public body politic and corporate and is authorized to exercise broad governmental powers in planning and implementing redevelopment projects. Its powers include the authority to acquire, rehabilitate, administer and sell or lease property.
When necessary, the Authority may exercise the right of eminent domain to facilitate acquisition of property and has the power to issue obligations or incur other debt for the purpose of financing the cost of its redevelopment activities and operations. The authority can cause pavements, sidewalks and other public facilities to be built and installed. The authority can further prepare for use as a building site any real property, which it owns or acquires.
For more information about the authority, please contact Shawn Sandoval at (719) 542-2577.
Apply for this Board
Do you think you'd be a great addition to this Board? Apply here.