Office of the Chief of Police
Oath of Honor
On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust.
I will treat all individuals with dignity and respect and ensure that my actions are dedicated to ensuring the safety of my community and the preservation of human life.
I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions.
I will always maintain the highest ethical standards and uphold the constitution, the values of my community, and the Pueblo Police Department.
Section 10-12 of the Charter of the City of Pueblo defines the functions of the Police Department as follows:
"The Department of Police shall be responsible for the preservation of public peace, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals, protection of the rights of persons and property and the enforcement of the laws of the State, and the ordinances of the City as provided by this Charter and all rules and regulations made in accordance therewith, and such other functions as the Mayor and Council may prescribe for public safety. All members of the Department shall have all powers with respect to the service of criminal process and the enforcement of criminal laws as are vested in police officers by the general statutes."
The Mission of the Pueblo Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in the City of Pueblo by working cooperatively with our community and within the framework of the United States Constitution, to solve crime problems and to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment.
It is the vision of the Pueblo Police Department to provide the citizens of Pueblo with the highest level of professional service. To accomplish this vision, the members of the Pueblo Police Department are committed to the following values and guiding principles.
- Service: To every member of our community equally, our organization, and one another.
- Integrity: Honesty in all our actions publicly and privately.
- Character: Adherence to high moral and ethical standards that build trust in our community and our organization.
- Excellence: A relentless pursuit of constant improvement in all we do professionally and personally.
- We are part of the community and accountable to our community for our actions.
- We will be professional, compassionate, and courteous in our interactions with the public and one another.
- We will work in conjunction with the community to solve community problems and neighborhood concerns.
- Honesty is the pillar of our organization.
- We are committed to innovation.
- We are committed to protecting the Constitutional rights of all people.
- We believe in continual self-improvement through effective training and education.
- We are leaders in our community and must set the standards of good moral and ethical behavior.