Endangered Places Nomination Hose Co. No. 3 Fire S
Endangered Places Nomination Hose Co. No. 3
Pueblo Hose Company No. 3
Exterior Rehabilitation Plans and Specifications Completed
Plans and specifications have been completed for the rehabilitation of the exterior of the Hose Company No. 3. The rehabilitation of the exterior facades was identified as the number one priority in the Historical Structural Assessment in 2007. Project Scope of Work consisted of the production of plans, specification and a construction estimate for the exterior masonry, window and door rehabilitation. The costs of the production of the grant project was in the amount of $30,420 for the plans and specifications. Critical façade repairs were also completed by Stone and Paver Company of Durango for an amount of $4,500. The Architect for the project is Jessica Reske, form + works design group from Denver. Bill Zwick, Capital Projects Manager was the City’s representative for the project. Gary Micheli was the Fire Museum representative.
State Historical Fund contributed $26,210 and the Pueblo Firefighters Historical Society provided the local match of $9,210.
The building at 116 Broadway Ave was built in 1889 and served as Fire Station No. 3 for the Pueblo Fire Department from March 19, 1895 until its last alarm on March 9, 1979. The City of Pueblo owns the building and is used as the Fire Museum operated by the Pueblo Firefighters Historical Society (a 501(c)3 entity) since 2001. The purpose of the museum is to preserve and display the history, heritage and artifacts of the Pueblo Fire Department and the firefighters of Pueblo.
Funds were paid in part by the State Historical Fund Program, funds provided by Limited-Stakes Gaming Tax Revenues.