The responsibilities of the Engineering Division are to provide surveying and civil engineering services to design and construct quality infrastructure in order to maintain acceptable levels of service.
- Performs contract administration of public improvement projects
- Performs designs, prepares construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents for public improvement projects
- Performs development review and management of subdivision work within the public right of way
- Prepares and updates the city's corporate map and maintains files and records for reference by property owners, engineers, and subdivision developers
- Provides surveying and engineering support services for other city departments
- Solicits and evaluates construction proposals for public improvements
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for engineering consultants and reviews the designs of engineering consultants