- Rejection of applicants from admission to an examination
- Content or conduct of promotional examinations
- Scoring or ranking of promotional examinations
- Removal from an eligible list
- Classification, reclassification, and allocation of positions within the classified service
- Any disciplinary actions involving suspension in excess of two (2) working days, demotion, or dismissal of employees in the classified service
- Step 5 grievances relating to replacement, reinstatement, or alleged discrimination as spelled out under Title VI, Chapter II, of PMC
- Appeal rights afforded under the union contract, for employees who ranked #1 on the eligible list and were not selected (See corresponding contract provisions).
If you wish to submit an appeal/objection to the Civil Service Commission, please follow these instructions:
- Click here to download the appeal form
- Submit the completed appeal form, along with your written objection to the Civil Service Office. Please submit your appeal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 719-553-2635 if you need to make other arrangements to submit your appeal.
- Appeals submitted after the appeal deadline will not be accepted.
Appeals submitted without the completed appeal form will not be accepted.
In submitting your appeal, please make sure your response pertains to the particular PMC section or Civil Service rule and addresses the action you are appealing. Please provide as much detail and evidence as may be necessary to state your case, and to assist the Commission in making an informed decision.
Please contact the Civil Service Office with any questions relating to this matter.
Civil Service Office
301 West B Street
Pueblo, CO 81003