OpenGov How-To Guide
OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface.
- You'll notice the title of the Report you are viewing in the top left corner.
- Click on Saved on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report.
- Select Filter to display key menus.
- You can use the Show drop-down to select the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph.
- Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- Use the Search function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
- If your organization has uploaded multiple years of data, a Fiscal Year slider will be present below the Filtered By menu. Move the sliders to choose the fiscal year(s) whose data you would like to see.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data:
- - A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time
- - A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time.
- - A line graph overlaying each trend over time.
- - A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year. To view data for other years, move the slider below the pie chart.
- - A bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above.
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform.
- Recall the Welcome Screen.
- View a short Budget 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting.
- Contact the administrators of the account.
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Share your customized graph or chart through social media.
- Send a link to your customized graph or chart through email.
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to:
- Download an image of the graph or table as a .png file.
- Download a spreadsheet as a .csv file.
For additional information on OpenGov and to access education materials, please visit: www.opengov.com/resources