Police Officers and
Lateral Patrol Officers
Application Process Closes: Tuesday, January 03, 2023
Physical Agility Test/ Written exam:
Tuesday - January 17, 2023
January 23, 2023 – January 27, 2023
Academy Start Date:
Qualified candidates can earn starting wages up to a five year officer depending on experience and qualifications.
Must have two years patrol experience.
The Mission of the Pueblo Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in the City of Pueblo by working cooperatively with our community and within the framework of the United States Constitution, to solve crime problems and to enforce laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment.
To be considered for the position of police patrol officer with the Pueblo Police Department, candidates must:
- Be a U.S. citizen at time of application deadline date
- Be at least 21 years of age at time of application deadline date Possess a high school diploma,
GED or higher education
- Possess a valid driver’s license (any state) at time of application and obtain a valid Colorado driver's license by date of hire
- Successfully pass physical ability and written examinations
- Not have been convicted of the following:
- a Felony
- a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
- a misdemeanor crime that would affect ability to certify with the Colorado Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) Board
- Not have been released or discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States under dishonorable conditions
- A Colorado P.O.S.T Certificate and higher education are highly desirable.
Illegal drug usage, as described below, at the time of application may be cause for disqualification:
- Any use of marijuana within 1 year prior to the date of application and/or:
- Any usage of any illegal drugs other than marijuana (i.e. heroin, cocaine, LSD, amphetamines, steroids, or other illegal drug as defined in schedules I through V of Section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act) within five (5) years prior to the date of application.
Candidates must also be willing to submit to and successfully pass a post conditional offer drug screen, polygraph, psychological, criminal background check and comprehensive medical examination designed to measure the candidate's ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
Patrol Officer: $3951.90 (Academy/Entry)
- Five Year: $5755.94
- Ten Year: $6275.81
Corporal: 55 most senior officers $6368.68 (1st year corporal)
- six year corporal: $6556.81
Sergeant: $7311.54 (1st year)
- Five year: $7632.85
Accepting Lateral Transfers
Qualified candidates can earn starting wages up to a five year officer depending on experience and qualifications. Must have two years patrol experience.
- 1-5 years 10 hours a month (Accrued 540 max)
- 6-10 years: 12 hours a month
- 11-15 years: 14 hours a month
- 16+ years: 16 hours a month
*80 hours placed on books on anniversary date
- 16 hours a year
- 10 hours a month (Accrued up to 1600 hours max)
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage for employee and family with several different coverage plans
- FPPA state retirement plan with ability to opt into a 457 or similar plan to save for the future
- Ten hour shifts for Patrol, Traffic and Investigations
- Strong Police Union after first year of probation, which provides representation for officers, negotiates wages and benefits with the city and works closely with administration concerning matters with officers and working
- Investigations (Special Victims, Persons, Property Crimes)
- S.W.A.T/ Bomb Squad/ Hostage Negotiator
- Joint Task Force - ATF, DEA, FBI
- Crimes Scene Investigation
- Honor Guard/ Bike Patrol/ Drone
- School Resource Officer
- Traffic & Accident Investigation