Sales Tax Business License - Inside City Limits


  • Since your business has an actual location in the city limits please complete the Routing Sheet and email it to
  • We will internally route it thru to Planning and the Fire Department as you will need these two approval signatures
  • Fire Department may need to inspect the location so be sure to provide a phone number that can be used to set that appointment
  • Depending on the type of business you are opening there may be additional approval signatures you will be required to obtain from departments outside of the City Government.  So please phone our office at 719-553-2659 and inquire as to what signatures you will need to get.
  • When the internal routing is completed an approval email will be sent to the email address provided on the Routing Sheet. 
  • Once the approval email is sent to you, bring in the Routing Sheet signed by outside agencies if required to do so and the completed Sales/Use Tax Application.
  • If you are a Sole Proprietor a Drivers License will be required as we will need to take a copy of it.
  • For Corporations you will need to bring in a Certificate which can be printed from the Secretary of State.
  • The last item will be to pay all applicable fees.
  • Then you’re done!
  • A license and returns will be mailed to you in approximately 3-5 days.
  • If you have any questions now or along the way phone our office at 719-553-2659 as we are happy to assist you thru the process.

​Routing Sheet


​Sales/Use Tax Application