- Your Government
- City Departments
- Sales Tax Division
- Licensing Forms
- Sales Tax Business License in City Limits
Sales Tax Business License - Inside City Limits
A FEW FACTS ABOUT THE LICENSING PROCESS
- If your business has an actual location in the city limits (i.e., address is in the city, reside in the city etc.) the Routing Sheet will need to be completed on our new online system “City PLACE”. Click on the “Routing Sheet” button below so you can be re-directed to City PLACE.
- The system will then send the Routing Sheet to the appropriate areas for approval.
- Inspections may be required of the location. Expect to get a phone call or e-mail to schedule. (i.e., Fire, Pueblo Regional Building and/or Health)
- Sales Tax Division will be emailing all the additional application(s) that will need to be completed and provided after obtaining Routing Approval. In some cases, there may be additional approval signatures to obtain. (i.e., Police Dept. for a record check or second-hand license).
- Once the approval email is sent to you, bring in all required completed applications, credentials (i.e., Corp. documentation, drivers license) and an original Industrial Survey signed. All above stated documents will be required to obtain a license.
- You will need to download the Industrial User Survey from City PLACE to provide with an “original” signature on the form.
- If you are a Sole Proprietor a Driver License will be required as we will need to take a copy of it.
- For Corporations you will need to bring in a Certificate which can be printed from the Secretary of State.
- The last item will be to pay all applicable fees.
- Then you’re done!
- A license will be mailed to the facility of record within 5 business days. Instructions for Citizen Access which is the online Portal to file a return, remit taxes and pay open balances will be e-mailed to you in approximately 3-5 days.
- If you have any questions now or along the way phone our office at 719-553-2659 as we are happy to assist you thru the process.