Inside the Department
The Pueblo Fire Department offers a wide range of services aimed at helping the community through fire and rescue as well as educational programs.
Helping provide these services are the department's 5 different divisions:
- Administration - Under the direction of the fire chief, the Administrative Division supports the Fire Department’s primary mission of protecting life and property.
- Emergency Medical Services - The mission of the Pueblo Fire Department Emergency Medical Services Division is to provide a rapid, safe response to all medical emergencies within the community, ensuring competent patient care.
- Fire Prevention - The Fire Prevention Division is an integral part of the Pueblo Fire Department. Their role is to conduct fire safety inspections on all commercial properties in the City and provide both plan review and compliance inspections for all new buildings constructed within the community.
- Operations - The Pueblo Fire Department provides services to mitigate the effects of a variety of emergency situations, including fires, medical emergencies, physical entrapment, and releases of hazardous materials. Providing these services is the responsibility of our fire suppression personnel.
- Training - The Training Division functions under the operations deputy chief and the training captain to provide comprehensive training programs to the members of the City of Pueblo Fire Department.
- Fire Department Organizational Chart - A visual representation of the administrative structure of the Pueblo Fire Department.