Filing a Claim Against the City of Pueblo

Instructions for filing a claim against the City

Third party claims (citizen claims) against the city for auto liability, general liability and property damage liability are handled by HUB International Insurance Services.

The City of Pueblo will investigate all claims to determine liability. If you believe that the city is responsible for your damages, Colorado State law requires that you will first need to file a claim in writing. Once we receive the written notification, we have up to 90 days to make a determination.


These instructions are for filing a claim through HUB International Insurance Services only. If you wish to preserve your right to sue the City of Pueblo or any of its employees, you must comply with the provisions of the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act generally, C.R.S. Section 24-10-101, et seq. and specifically with the notice provision contained at C.R.S. Section 24-10-109.
To file a claim we will need the following information from you in writing:

  • Police case number (if applicable)
  • Date of occurrence
  • Time of day
  • Location
  • Description of what occurred
  • The amount of damages resulting from the claim
  • Estimates of the damage if obtained
  • Your name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Specifics on what you want the city to do, if anything

Please also note if you have notified any city departments such as Police, Public Works, or other departments in regard to your claim.

For Motor Vehicle Accidents:

Obtain two estimates from the body shops of your choice and attach.

 Please fill out the City of Pueblo Incident Report
 and return it to: 

                                HUB International Insurance Services
                                                        P.O. Box 58
                                              Pueblo, CO  81002-0058