My car was towed / impounded. How do I get it back?

You need to contact the Impound Vehicle Department at 719-553-2563. If your vehicle was towed for evidentiary reasons, your vehicle may or may not be releasable until the District Attorney's Office releases the hold. If your vehicle is releasable, you will have to show proof of ownership for that vehicle. The impound officer will require a copy of the title, current vehicle registration, valid insurance card, driver's license and paid tow receipt showing the tow bill has been paid. If the vehicle in impound is not in operable condition, the City of Pueblo will not allow the vehicle owner to perform any mechanical procedures due to civil liability, the vehicle will have to be towed out by a licensed tow company.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a DUI driver?
2. Can I get a copy of the police officer's accident report?
3. How can I get a V.I.N. Inspection?
4. My car was towed / impounded. How do I get it back?
5. What is cold reporting?
6. What qualifies as an abandoned vehicle?
7. If I spot an abandoned vehicle on a public street, what should I do?
8. I locked my keys in my car. Can the Police Department assist me?