THE PUEBLO ADVANTAGE
Pueblo County is located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, 100 miles south of Denver, along Interstate 25 and US Highway 50. Three hundred days of sunshine each year plus the flow of the Arkansas River and Fountain Creek provide rich agricultural land and ample recreational activities. Pueblo County (pop. 166,475) and the City of Pueblo are the regional hub for business, transportation, and culture in Southern Colorado.
Fast Track Permitting and Project Review
The City of Pueblo is dedicated to work closely with Opportunity Zone Developers and Investors to ensure project review and permitting are completed as rapidly as possible. Any Opportunity Zone Development will receive top notch service and a single point of contact within the Planning Department to keep the project on track!
- Pueblo Convention Center opened its doors in 1997 to bolster the local economy by attracting out-of-state visitors to Pueblo’s historic downtown district. Since then, the Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority, City of Pueblo and State of Colorado have invested in two expansions to diversify event offerings. The facility now retains 37,860 square feet of programmable, multi-functional space. In 2016, PURA invested in an economic impact study for the Pueblo Convention Center, follow the link below to learn more about the benefits of this community asset
Developing in Pueblo
- Single Family Homes are affordable with an average cost of approximately $200,000.
- Single Family Home prices have increased approximately 60% between 2014 and 2019.
- Single-family residential homes cost about 10-15% less to construct than the national average. Homes cost approximately $100 per square foot to construct as opposed to the national average of $122 per square foot
- The number of single-family residential building permits has increased by 68% between May 2014 and May 2019.
- Similar to single-family dwelling structures, multi-family dwelling units cost about 10-15% less to construct than the national average.
- Commercial property price per square foot, within downtown Pueblo, has similarly increased.
- Average price per square foot for commercial structures within the Downtown Opportunity Zone is $78.80.
- Commercial/Industrial construction costs approximately 10-15% less than the national average.
- Ninety-nine percent of Pueblo is covered by high speed broadband internet provided by fiber and cable. Customers have an assortment of providers and plans to choose from with different speeds and price options.
World Class Recreation in Pueblo
Pueblo City Park
- Pueblo Zoo-historic zoo constructed between 1933-1940 as a WPA project with over 400 animals from around the world within a 30-acre site.
- City Park Rides-amusement rides for young children and children at heart, featuring a train that travels through the park and the historic 1911 Charles Wallace Parker Amusement Carousel.
- Four Public Swimming Pools
- City Park Tennis Complex-17 modern tennis courts surrounded by historic WPA structures.
- Two Lakes
- Disc Golf Course
- Dog Park
- 19-mile Arkansas River Trail and Fountain Creek trail system, built in 1976 and the second oldest urban trail system in Colorado. Connects Colorado State University Pueblo to Lake Pueblo State Park.
Pueblo Whitewater Park
- located in downtown Pueblo, within walking distance to restaurants and shops. The park has eight drop structures and is half of a mile long.
Municipal Golf Courses
- Two 18-hole municipal golf courses and a 9-hole Executive Course
- rated a fishing “hot spot,” provides over 4,600 surface acres of water, 60 miles of shoreline and almost 10,000 acres of land.
Quality of Life
The City of Pueblo has a wonderful community and plenty of activities to entertain all members of the family! Three distinct breweries in the downtown area, including the Walter Brewing Company, founded in 1898, boast numerous house brews. The Riverwalk and downtown area host approximately fifteen different festivals each year, including the Pueblo Chile & Frijoles Festival which has been drawing thousands of visitors to Pueblo for the past 25 years!