Volunteers Assisting Pueblo Police (VAPP), of the Community Services Division is yet another way the Pueblo Police Department is connecting with the community.
The goal of VAPP is to provide strong partnerships between the community and the Pueblo Police Department through volunteerism, enhancing the effectiveness of police operations through the provision of administrative and supportive services.
Some of the current assignments within VAPP include:
- Handicap Parking Enforcement
- Parade and community event assistance
- Training scenario actors
- Neighborhood Watch assistance
- Various PPD division assistance (SVU, cold cases, training, etc.)
- Various types of Data Entry
- Maintaining supplies