Pueblo, Colo. – June 5, 2020--Black Hills Energy has received reports from customers of attempted scam calls where the customer is told their bill is delinquent and service will be disconnected in 30 minutes unless they pay the caller. We urge customers with concerns about the identity of someone claiming to represent the company to call Black Hills Energy at 1-888-890-5554 to verify employment. Calling local law enforcement is also an option.
- Don’t give in to a high-pressure call seeking personal information – if someone calls claiming to represent your local utility and they demand immediate payment or personal information, hang up and call the customer service number on your utility bill.
- To verify whether an employee was dispatched to your location, call your utility using the number on your bill or the company’s website. Black Hills Energy employees wear shirts with a Black Hills Energy logo, carry a company-issued photo ID and drive logoed vehicles. Employees will gladly wait outside while you call the company to verify their identity.
- Do not provide your Social Security number, credit card numbers or bank account information to anyone during an unsolicited phone call or an unannounced visit.
- Black Hills Energy has suspended nonpayment disconnections for our customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. We realize that due to possible extended periods of isolation, customers may face financial hardships effecting their ability to timely pay their energy bills. Please visit www.blackhillsenergy.com to explore options to assist in those hardships.
(719) 924-4103 firstname.lastname@example.org
24-Hour Media Assistance, 888-242-3969
About Black Hills Energy
Black Hills Corp. (NYSE: BKH) is a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company with a tradition of improving life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, the company serves 1.28 million natural gas and electric utility customers in eight states: Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. More information is available at www.blackhillscorp.com and www.blackhillsenergy.com.