Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4)
The Phase II Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit issued to the City of Pueblo by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), Water Quality Control Division (Division) requires a document that defines how the City complies with the permit. In compliance with the permit, Pueblo drafted a new Program Description Document (PDD) and is making it available for public review and comment. The PDD presents the MS4 permit requirements and City's approach to compliance with those requirements."
If you have any questions or would like to comment on the document, please contact
John Sakariason, Drainage Engineer, City of Pueblo Stormwater Utility at 719-553-2297, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attached here is the permit and fact sheets. The permit documents can also be downloaded at https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/wq-final-permit-actions
The 2017 Stormwater Education Art Project (SEAP)was completed in the summer of 2017, to raise public awareness with colorful murals painted on five drain inlets on city streets. Click here for information and the map to inlets.
- The City Stormwater Utility aims to educate the general public on important run-off issues with information. Watch Fact or Fiction on the City’s local television station Comcast Channel 17, see local billboards, hear public service announcements on local radio stations and offered personal one-on-one interaction with local commercial industries and residents in the City. The annual Discovering Water in Pueblo
- The City of Pueblo, with its partners City of Canon City, Pueblo County, Pueblo West Metro District and the City-County Health Department coordinate the yearly Regional Stormwater Educational Seminar in February
- To report a spill or incident in or near a drain inlet,
call City Stormwater Hotline at (719) 553-2899.
Preliminary FEMA Flood Maps
FEMA has provided the City of Pueblo with preliminary copies of the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) and Flood Insurance Study (FIS) report for Pueblo, Colorado and is asking for the community to review and provide comments on non-technical information, such as corporate limits, road names, and stream names on the maps or in the report. The City has until April 24, 2016 to submit any comments to FEMA.
There will be a formal community coordination meeting scheduled with a “Consultation Coordination Officer” (CCO) to discuss the revised flood hazard information, ordinance adoption, and other frequently asked questions and concerns. The time and place will be from 1:30 to 3:30 pm on May 24, 2016 at the City of Pueblo’s HR Conference Room located at 301 West B Street, Pueblo, Colorado.
Provided here is a copy of the Preliminary Issuance Letter, Fact sheet, the Flood Insurance Study and the Flood Insurance Rate Maps for your convenience and review.
- Preliminary Issuance Letter CITY OF PUEBLO
- Flood Insurance Study
- City of Pueblo Maps
- Outside of City of Pueblo Maps