Mayoral Runoff Election Information
Election Day is Tuesday, January 23, 2024
The City of Pueblo Clerk’s Office will oversee the upcoming mayoral runoff election in January 2024. The runoff election is set to take place on Tuesday, January 23, 2024. The runoff election shall be conducted as a mail ballot only election.
Voter Registration Information
City of Pueblo voters can register to vote or update their voter registration online via the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.state.co.us/voter
Ballot Drop Off Locations
Pueblo County is allowing use of five 24-hour ballot drop-off locations including the following:
Colorado State Fairgrounds (outside gate on Prairie Avenue)
950 S Prairie Ave., Pueblo, CO 81004
Colorado State University Pueblo (access from Gonzales Dr.)
2200 Bonforte Blvd., Pueblo, CO 81003
Lamb Branch Library (located behind the building)
2525 S. Pueblo Blvd., Pueblo, CO 81005
Pueblo County Courthouse (westside Court St.)
215 W 10th St., Pueblo, CO 81003
Pueblo County Election Office (westside Court St.)
201 W. 8th St., Pueblo, CO 81003
Other ballot drop boxes located throughout Pueblo County will remain locked and unavailable for use of the public throughout the runoff election in January. An in-person drop-off location will be available at the City Clerk’s Office located at One City Hall Place, Pueblo, CO 81003 on the first floor of City Hall.
This location is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. except for Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday on Monday, January 15. On Election Day, January 23, 2024, the Pueblo City Clerk’s Office will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. for ballot drop off. Any ballot issues, including replacement ballots, can also be resolved at this office during normal office hours.
City of Pueblo registered voters can anticipate ballots to be mailed out the first week of January. Replacement ballots can be made available in the Pueblo City Clerk’s Office if necessary. Voters can mail their ballots back if they would prefer not to use a drop box, but the City Clerk must receive their ballot by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, January 23, 2024.
The City of Pueblo has received numerous inquiries related to registered city resident voters who have received duplicate ballots. With 67,000 ballots mailed to registered voters there are a few printer issues, and some individuals may receive more than one ballot.
The City Clerk’s Office encourages individuals to do the following:
- Simply vote once using either ballot.
- Return the cast ballot via mail or a drop box location.
- Tear up the duplicate ballot and throw it away.
- In the event that two ballots are cast, during the ballot check this duplicate will be caught and verified to avoid voter fraud.
- Individuals receiving a ballot for a deceased individual must inform Pueblo County Clerk and Recorder’s Office and provide a death certificate to verify the information. The Pueblo City Clerk’s Office and Pueblo County Clerk and Recorder’s Office are unable to process the information and update the voter registration list without making arrangements to inform Pueblo County directly.
- Individuals who have received a ballot envelope received without a ballot inside may request a replacement ballot through the Pueblo City Clerk’s Office. Ballots can be mailed out from Pueblo City Clerk’s Office through January 12. If you need a replacement ballot or have any other ballot issues after January 12, individuals must come into the City Clerk’s Office located in City Hall.
The City Clerk’s Office may be reached via email at email@example.com or by calling 719-553-2669