Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information
FEMA-Sponsored Testing Site
New Qualifications added for Pueblo County’s Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing Site
Update: (July 31,2020)
Individuals five years and older and those with functional needs, including adults may be tested by a caregiver or adult at Pueblo’s Drive Thru COVID-19 Testing Site.
Pueblo County’s free COVID-19 drive-thru testing at the Colorado State Fairgrounds continues every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday beginning at 9 a.m. There is no limit to the number of people who can be tested per day.
Currently, the following individuals can be tested for COVID-19 at Pueblo’s COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing:
- Any individual who is symptomatic (symptoms include body aches, loss of sense of taste or smell, cough, difficulty breathing, fever over 100.4 degrees, chills, headache, sore throat and muscle pain
- Anyone over the age of 65 (symptomatic or asymptomatic)
- African American, Latino, American Indian Tribes (symptomatic or asymptomatic)
- Anyone who had contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Health care workers and first responders (symptomatic or asymptomatic)
- A resident of a long-term care facility or anyone experiencing homelessness
- Attended a large gathering or protest
The testing site at the Colorado State Fairgrounds (enter through Gate 4 off Mesa Avenue and Gaylord Avenue) is drive-thru only and individuals must be inside an enclosed vehicle for safety. No walk-ups or motorcycles are allowed through the testing site. The site is open to neighboring counties. Everybody being tested must be able to administer the test to themselves, children and individuals unable to give the test to themselves will be turned away. No physician order is required, and all testing is free.
View a short video of the COVID-19 Self-Swabbing Test https://youtu.be/vsQVxsQY3jc
Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment encourages residents and
media to seek out credible, reliable sources of information on COVID-19:
► Pueblo’s COVID-19 Hotline 719-583-4444
All public and media inquiries in Pueblo are answered through the local hotline at Pueblo’s Joint Information Center.
Pueblo COVID-19 Hotline is providing resources and answering questions 8AM – 5PM, Monday – Friday 719-583-4444.
PUEBLO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT
UPDATED PUBLIC HEALTH ORDER 20-24 IMPLEMENTING STAY AT HOME REQUIREMENTS