Steps to Planning a Safe Escape
- Draw a floor plan of your home.
- Use arrows to show every possible exit. Have at least 2 for every room.
- Designate a safe meeting place so you know everyone has exited.
- Designate a family member to go to a neighbor's house to call 911.
- Practice, practice, practice! In a real fire you don't have time to think about what you should do. Fire drills will make the steps of a safe escape second nature.
If you would like to see some educational fire safety videos created by FEMA please click the below link: Fire Safety by Federal Emergency Management Agency